How to Close Axis Bank Account: Axis Bank, one of the leading private banks in India, has been operating since 1994 and operates in multiple cities across the country. The bank provides various products and services to their customers, including account opening and maintenance, loans, credit cards, investment banking and so much more.
At some point in your life, you might decide that you no longer want to have an Axis Bank account. Whether it is because you don’t use their services anymore or because they gave you service that wasn’t up to your expectations. Whatever the case, if you have an Axis Bank account and you no longer want to keep it open, you can close it easily by following these simple steps.
Closing an Axis Bank account may seem like the most difficult thing in the world if you have never done it before. But it is actually pretty easy, and you can do it in less than three minutes. In this article you will learn step-by-step procedure on how to close an Axis Bank account.
How to close Axis Bank Account
Axis Bank is one of the largest banks in India with over 10,000 branches across the country. If you are looking for a fresh start, you may be wondering how to close your account at Axis Bank. Follow the steps below to close your account:
- Notify them: The first step is to notify them via phone or email that you would like an account closure. They will ask for your account number and name which they need in order to close your account.
- Settle your outstanding transactions: At this point, if you have any outstanding transactions on your account you will want to settle these before continuing. You can do this either by making transfers within the bank or depositing money into your current account at Axis Bank.
- Submit your documents: Once all transactions have been settled, visit your nearest Axis bank branch with a copy of your identity card (Aadhar card), PAN card and proof of address (driving license/passport). You will also want to take along some identification so make sure to bring along.
- Submit your account kit: Once after submitting your documents, you will also be asked to submit your passbook, cheque book, credit, or debit card. So make sure to carry them along with you.
- Fill in the form: When you get to the bank, tell the cashier that you wish to close your account and she will provide you with an Axis bank Account Closure Form to fill out. That’s it.
After filling out the Axis bank Account Closure Form, just leave it at the counter and go outside. When they have processed your request, they will call you on your registered mobile number to let you know it’s done.
What if you don’t have all the documents to Close Axis Bank Account?
The bank will ask for your documents depending on the type of account you have. If you have a savings account, they will need a copy of your ID (passport or driver’s license) and proof of address.
For a current account, they will need your ID and proof of address. They may also ask for a letter explaining why you are closing the account.
If you don’t have all the documents, you may need to visit an enrollment center and issue a copy of the documents.
In order to submit a request for Axis Bank Account closure, you will need the following documents:
● Letter from the account holder requesting closure of their account.
● Copy of PAN card or proof of address (such as a Aadhar card or utility bill).
● Copy of ID proof (such as passport or driving license).
Remember: The document should have the same name on it as on the account opening form. The type of ID proof required depends on what kind of account you are closing. For example, if you are closing an investment account, it requires original copy of the cheque book issued by them in lieu of PAN card or address copy.
Once these documents are verified at branch, they shall put up a notice outside your branch stating that your account has been closed.
Make sure you should also print out a copy of the letter you want them to send as confirmation that the account has been closed.
|Download Axis Bank Account Closure Form PDF||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Other Finance Updates||Click here|
FAQs for How to Close Axis Bank Account
What if you want to close down multiple Axis Bank Accounts?
Ans. The procedure of closing multiple accounts in Axis bank is the same as above. In short, to close down your account, you must go into a branch and make the request in person. They will ask for your name, address, PAN card number, and account number.
You will also need to provide them with an alternate email ID or phone number so that they can contact you.
Can I Close Axis Bank Account Online itself?
Ans. Axis Bank does not allow you to close your account online. To close your account, you will need to visit the branch nearest you or contact the customer care number of Axis bank and give them a call.
How much time does it take to close Axis bank account?
Ans. After submitting the closure form, it can take up to two weeks for the final confirmation. It is important not to forget about your account after closing as any unclaimed balances will be forfeited after three years.
Your ATM cards will no longer work but all other services remain unaffected, including internet banking and cheque books. So now you know how easy it is to close your Axis Bank account.
It is never too late to start fresh and close an account with a bank you no longer need or want. We hope this step by step guide on How to close Axis bank Account helped you to close your account with Axis bank.
While it may seem tedious, the process is actually pretty straightforward and it will be worth it in the end. All of your money will be back in your pocket and you will never have to deal with AXIS again.