Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana – To enhance health and well-being Punjab’s state government has introduced a new health insurance plan for its residents. The new mega scheme will combine the existing Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) of the Central Government with its own to create the new ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana.
The Central Government and State Governments would split the premium costs for the 14.86 lakh SECC beneficiary families in a 60:40 ratio. The State will pay the full premium cost for the remaining 31.03 lakh beneficiary families (state treasury & departments).
Features and Benefits of Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
- With the establishment of MGSSBY, insurance benefits are now available to 76 percent of the population of the state.
- The scheme will help around 46 lakh families.
- 650 hospitals have joined with the government to give cashless coverage of up to Rs.5 lakhs per year, with 1396 treatment packages on offer.
- Insurance Coverage: The Punjab Government’s scheme, like PMJAY, provides cashless health insurance of up to Rs.5 lakh per year.
- Cost Ratio: For everybody qualified under the Socio-Economic and Caste Census, the Center and State governments would split the cost of the annual premium for 14.86 households in a 60:40 split (SECC). In addition, the Punjab Government and the Central Government would split the cost of insurance premiums for other permanent residents of the State in an 83:17 ratio.
- Implementation: The scheme is being implemented in 1,396 treatment packages and 650 hospitals. The insurance premium covers all hospitalization and post-hospitalization charges for 3 days and 15 days, respectively.
Eligibility Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
Residents with a smart ration card, laborers registered with the labor department, farmers recognised and yellow card holders, journalists, excise, and small traders registered with the tax department, among others, will be eligible for Sehat Sarbat Bima Yojana (Sarbat Bima Yojana) is a government.
- The scheme’s advantages are only available to Punjab citizens.
- There is no limit on the number of family members
- There is no upper age limit,both youngsters and elderly are welcome to participate in the programme.
- Individuals with a low income and who are below the poverty line are eligible to participate in the programme.
- Blue-carded people – Families who are financially disadvantaged receive blue cards from the government.
- Punjab Mandi Board members – Members of the Punjab Mandi Board are covered by the provincial government’s health insurance system.
- ETD-affiliated individual-Individuals in the excise and taxes groups are eligible to participate in the programme.
- Members of the WWB – Members of the worker’s welfare board are eligible for the scheme’s benefits.
Documents Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
- Residential proof
- Certificate from the Punjab Mandi Board
- Blue card proofs – Individuals must provide blue cards at the time of online registration
- Beneficiaries should show their BPL and LIG certificates to prove their eligibility for the programme. The associated
- To profit from the above-mentioned scheme, construction workers must additionally produce a WWB registration certificate.
- Voter ID card, or ration card as proof of identity.
- Details on the yellow card – Journalists and reporters should create this card.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
Procedure to download application form for the scheme
- The state government has created an official portal for the scheme, and registration will be done offline.
- This will take place in government-run hospitals.
- Beneficiaries can obtain all application forms by visiting the scheme’s official website.
- To gain access to the site, however, you must first go to the scheme’s online website.
Application Process Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
Step 1. The selected candidates must present themselves at the nearest government hospital with all appropriate paperwork. The above-mentioned section of the article contains a list of required documents.
Step 2. The beneficiary can seek governmental support to aid them in carefully completing the registration process.
Step 3. The help will go over the documents for a more thorough background check and begin taking down the beneficiary’s information. The assistant will compare the information on the computer with the information in the paperwork.
Step 4. The agent will assist beneficiaries in completing the application form and obtaining the necessary documentation for further explanation.
Step 5. The beneficiary will then receive a printed scheme card.
You can use your e-Card to claim cashless treatment worth up to Rs.5 lakh at participating hospitals once you receive it. Every year, the insurance coverage is renewed.
Enrollment for Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana E-Card
The MGSSBY E-cards will be distributed to beneficiaries in accordance with the Punjab scheme’s rules. These e-cards will be distributed to the scheme’s beneficiaries. The cards are available from both public hospitals and the state’s common service center. Beneficiaries can only receive paperless care if the e-cards are printed at government and commercial facilities. Beneficiaries must therefore register on the web portal in order to gain access to the necessary information. As a result, beneficiaries will have an easier time receiving medical benefits if the system is implemented successfully.
Hospitals on the Sarbat sehat bima Yojana list
- To begin, go to the official Punjab government website, sha.punjab.gov.in.
- To check the list, go to the homepage and scroll down to the “Hospitals” tab in the main menu, then click on the “Govt/Private” hospital link.